Horizon Europe Framework Programme (HORIZON)
Deadline: Wednesday 29th of March, 2023
- Stimulate R&I cooperation between Sub-Saharan Africa and the EU in the field of digital.
- Strengthen strategic partnerships and support digital dialogues with countries in sub-Saharan Africa, in full compliance with the principles of the Global Gateway.
- Support to trade and industrial policy aspects by promoting European technologies in African markets, and vice-versa.
- Contribute to Africa’s economic growth and job creation, and to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially through African and R&I.
- Promote EU values for a human-centric digital transformation.
- Support EU’s international priorities, as set out in Europe’s Digital Decade and Global Gateway.
- Build synergies and prepare an enabling environment for research and investment for the EU.
- Foster cooperation and prepare ground for joint research and innovation and raise greater awareness of R&I cooperation opportunities between the EU and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Organize networks, conferences, workshops and other actions that support R&I activities and monitor digital-relevant activities in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Collect and analyse information as well conduct surveys and draft reports and position papers on sub-Saharan African countries’ R&I policies, strategies and programmes.
- Link EU and African internet R&I communities, building on the work of existing projects such as the African-European Digital Innovation Bridge (AEDIB) and the FPI project “Open Internet in Africa”.
- The action should ensure that relevant stakeholders from both the EU and African countries are engaged during the process through regional and international workshops and a set of communication and dissemination actions.
Read more about this funding opportunity here.